Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Learning to Build a Newspaper

Week One

This process is very excited but also a bit tedious. Whenever I'm introduced to a new form of media, I want to instantly know how to understand and utilize it. I know, I know. I am of Generation Instant Gratification.

I made it about half-way through the YouTube tutorial in my ITLP and followed along while the presenter moved step-by-step. It really helped to be able to pause the video and switch to my page to practice what was just introduced.

I played a bit with creating pages within pages and adding photos to the site. It was interesting (I had to learn to resize pictures), but I still need to see how I can format this site to be user friendly and pleasing to the eye.

This week I am going to finish up the YouTube video and try to get to a place where I can begin teaching my students how to use the site.

1 comment:

Chum said...

This is wonderful reflection on the use of media for learning. Thanks Hillary.